Building Permits

If you are planning on building in the Town of Little Rice, you must go to the Oneida County Planning and Zoning Department for your permits.   If you are building a new home or garage, you need a zoning permit and/or a abuilding/UDC Permit.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind all the towns the requirements for a zoning permit. A zoning permit is required through the Oneida County Planning and Zoning Department when the structure is over 200 square feet in size or the total value is over $2,500. For the towns that are unzoned, the department still encourages the towns to have the property owner call the Planning and Zoning Department to double check on the zoning permit requirements. A zoning permit is required in all towns when a property owner’s parcel is within 1000’ of navigable lakes, ponds, or flowages or within 300 feet of a stream or river.

Also, each individual town contracts with a third party for state building permits. It is the town’s responsibility to inform the property owner that a building/UDC permit may be required and that they should check with the building/UDC official regarding the requirements of a permit.

TOWNSHIP ZONING PERMITS – Planning & Zoning, PO Box 400, Rhinelander, WI 54501 ~ 369-6130

BUILDING PERMIT (UDC) OR WISCONSIN ADMINISTRATIVE BUILDING PERMIT – RC Inspection Agency LLC, Rick Clem, 6642 Cty Rd W, Winchester, WI 54557 ~ 543-2094; FAX ~ 543-2095 (new home/cottage only) website:

DRIVEWAY PERMITS2/OTHER – Steve Margitan, Town Chair, 5230 Cedar Falls Rd, Hazelhurst, WI 54531~ 453-4640 or 966-1282 (cell)